Knitting away...

A place for me to write about what ever I want!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I'm home

I got home on August 24. I'm sooo glad to be home. It was so fun to see parts of America that I haven't seen before but it's great to be home now. Things started to look familiar in Utah. The towns were really small in Idaho and Wyoming. We had spent so much time in Wyoming that I'd never thought that we'd be done with driving through towns with a population of 50. But towns got bigger....

And while we were driving, I knit. A lot. Here are some pics of what I finished.



These two are of the long awaited Clapotis. I finished this one while we were in Winona, MN. Sorry they are so yellow and blurry. I don't know how to make them better.


Pattern:Clapotis
Needles:Size 8 Denise Interchangeables
Yarn:Lornas Laces Bullfrogs and Butterflies in Black Pearl
Verdict:I liked this pattern a lot. Simple and easy to remember. My only hang up was dropping my first stitch. I dropped it in a colum without the yarn over and it ran all the way down. Ugh... I had to start over at that point. I also made it not as wide as the pattern indicated. I'm so short that if I did, it would overwhelm me. I think I'd like to do another one. Maybe in cream Malabrigo. That stuff is soooo soft.

I've also been working on socks since they were so portable in the car. I had a couple of pairs going.
This first one was knit from the basic sox pattern in Paton's Kroy. I used size 2 bamboo DPNs. Nice and basic. I might give them to my mom if they will fit her.














Remember the unfortunate Brown Sheep sock yarn that I hated a few months ago. It's back in the form of a ribbed sock. I have a feeling that these two are going to be dark but I'll post them anyway. The yarn knit up striped in these brownish tones sprinkled with greens and orange.





















This one is the Lovely Lacy Sock from the Spring 2005 Interweave. I am using the recommended yarn, Opal Pearl in this lovely soft pink. Just getting throught the heel flap right now. My first lace socks. Ah....









I know I said I'd post more vacation pics but this is already image heavy. I'll post a more intelligent entry later with some cool Yellowstone pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home