Knitting away...

A place for me to write about what ever I want!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A big fat loser

... my socks project is awful. The Brown Sheep Wildefoot is just a horrible yarn for me. I was making the first sock of the pair with it and it's just not my style. It might not have helped that the sock was just way too big. I guess I need to calculate gauge with the fabric stretched out. Ugh...

I've officially given up on the socks. I'm going to turn the yarn into a hat for someone's birthday. Now who's the next birthday....

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Inky said...

my first pair (and they might have been my last) were on Wildfoote. Some people love that yarn but I can't stand it. I still have the socks, they were too big and I wear them as house socks.

Try again another time with some lovely yarn like Trekking or some handdyed superwash. You'll be amazed what a difference the yarn makes!! (especially something like socks that rock yarn!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home