Knitting away...

A place for me to write about what ever I want!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I want to crochet!

I got bitten by another bug. I saw a pattern for the Celebrity Shawl by Stitch Diva and fell in love!!! I want this shawl. So I bought yet some more yarn. I did make sure that it was affordable. It's a cotton/acrylic blend called Kim. I'm not sure who the manufactuer or distributer is. But if should have tons of drape. Perfect for a shawl like this. Here's a picture. Click on the picture if you want to make it bigger. I know it's kinda tough to see the detail.

As for my other knitting projects, I'm on the edging for the Kiri shawl. I'll post a picture and a report on what I thought of the project when it's finished. I really hope my friend's grandma likes it. I may have to knit another one for myself. The sock heel flap is in progress. I do have my sock class on Friday so it has to be finished by then or I'm going to hear it from Rob.

I gave away my Panta. A classmate of mine saw it and loved it so I just handed it over. Gives me an excuse to make another one. I'll knit my next one to be a bit narrower. It was just to wide for comfort and when it's not right, it's just... wrong.

I did have a great day yesterday. After intense studying all weekend with only short study breaks of knitting, I aced my Pediatrics test! I was so excited. I haven't aced a test since my Fundamentals of Nursing class. Yea for me...I can't stop patting myself on the back. Just goes to show that learning how to take the tests makes all the difference. That and making sure that you read the book.

Well, I should get ready for my Peds clinical at Sparrow. It's much different from my other rotations because I'm on second shift instead of first. Each has it's own advantages I'm sure. With second, I get to have a bit of a morning to do things which is great. Unfortunately, it's ususally nothing productive. Although I did catch up on some much needed sleep. I've had a terrible cold for the past two weeks and my cough has been keeping me up at night. I've been taking this cold medicine that does nothing to relieve the cough at night but leaves me groggy in the morning. Hopefully, it will be gone by the weekend. I'm sick of being sick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home