Knitting away...

A place for me to write about what ever I want!

Friday, March 31, 2006

A finished Kiri

I finally finished the Kiri Shawl for my friend's grandmother. It's blocked and I have to say quite wearable. I just hope my recipient likes it! Here are some pictures and the stats.
Here it is preblocked. Lace is always kind of bunched up and yucky unless it is set in water. Isn't it funny how relaxed lace gets after a dunk in some soapy water?

Here it is being modeled by moi... please ignore the disheveled appearence. I've been studying all day while it's been drying.
And here it is draped over a chair.

The lowdown:
Pattern: Kiri Shawl
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Laceweight
Needles: Addi Turbos Size 6.
Impressions: This is a fun pattern and I loved how the yarn relaxed after blocking. The pattern was simple to follow although the yarnovers hade a way of jumping over my stitch markers. Gotta watch out for stitches that try to cut to the front of the line:) Basically, you knit a twelve stitch repeat. Start out with 7 stitches and knit the pattern until it is the width and length that you want. I stopped at 11 repeats on each side of the center stitch cause I needed to have an FO. Luckily it turned out to be pretty big. About 66" across.

I'd knit this shawl again. I think it would be beautiful in a light purple or lilac color.

Enjoy the pictures... on to the next WIP.

2 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

pretty!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger mayflwr said...

love the color!

your doggies are so cute!

may
mayflwr.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home