Knitting away...

A place for me to write about what ever I want!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

This weekend's goodies

I was really bad and went to Threadbear for their sale on Friday. Everything in the store was 20% off. Sooo I walked away with some fun stuff.

Some Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs and Butterflies. It knits at 4.5 stitches/in and I got the Black Purl colorway. It's a mix of different purples and greys. I'm going to use it to make the infamous Clapotis Since everything was 20% off I was going to spring for the Lion and Lamb (this stuff is sooo soft) but I couldn't justify breaking my starving student budget. I also got some Rowan Glace.

I'm going to knit this up into Glampyre's Tubular Cami. You can find a pic here

And I couldn't leave without getting another set of Addi's in size 5. I love, love, love these needles. I won't buy them in sizes larger than 6 because I have my Denise set. I mostly knit with smaller needles anyway. I have found that I have become a very loose knitter. Typically I have to go down at least 2 if not 3 needle sizes to get gauge.

Here's another project possibility. Using that mysterious camel blend that I posted about earlier. I'm thinking of using this

to make this

It's the same gauge and I love the bobbles. The only thing I'll hate is sewing the buttons. Hmmm... maybe I can turn it into a pull over.

No WIPS are out of the queue as of this weekend. I'm studying hard for my finals and writing some papers. But I'll be done on Thursday!!! Yippy... then I'll go home for Spring break and get out of this winter nightmare. If there's one thing I've discovered since living in MI is that I'm not one for seasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home