Knitting away...

A place for me to write about what ever I want!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Pictures to share!

I'm sitting home on a Saturday night dodging all invites from my friends to go out. I feel guilty because I haven't studied all day. (I have tons of studying to do and assignments due next week) But I'm still not motivated. I ran errands like going to the bank, the store, the LYS... Ack... I don't even have self control to stay away more than one week. So... I have pictures to share.

This first one is a shot of my giant swatch of Ambra Camel Hair. I intended to make the Somewhat Cowl with this but my gauge is way off. It is a DK weight yarn that I tried to make sports weight. The tighter gauge is killing the loveliness. I have to find a more appropriate project for this soft gorgeous yarn.

I bought this yarn when I first started knitting. I have 1000 yards of this DK yarn. I think I do want to make a sweater but which one??? Any suggestions?

Here is a shot of the ball

I tried finding reviews to find info like what people have knit out of it, does it pill, how does it hold its shape... But there is absolutely no information on this yarn in cyberspace. Oh well, I'll post a review after I'm done knitting something out of it.

I finished Orangina a few weeks ago while I was in San Diego for Christmas break. Here it is. Sorry I didn't put it on. I still haven't gotten around to weaving the ends in.

Ya know... I realized after taking these pictures tonight, that I'm the world's worst photographer. None of the pictures look the way the FO does. My apartment doesn't have the best light. Especially at night. I'll make it a point to take pictures during the daytime from now on.

My next project is going to be Tubey from Knitty. Since I really can't afford to go to luxurious yarns anymore, I picked out Patons Decore at Threadbear Take a look at these colors!

I was going to go with Cascade 220 Superwash but they ended up costing $9 a skein. I'm on a budget... yeah that's it.
And of course, no entry with pics is not complete without my little pups. Here's Wendy in just a few of her outfits.


In the first one, she's wearing an MSU sweatshirt that I got her last year. And of course, she still believes in Santa Claus.


Waldo is happy as long as he has a squeaky toy to chew on. Unfortunately, Wendy chewed his ear for playing with her toy. [Sigh}

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Karin said...

Orangina is really pretty--I didn't realize how nice of a top it is till I saw yours in that color. What fiber is the yarn you have for Tubey? I am thinking of making Tubey someday myself.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Katie said...

hey, i like orangina! i want to see it on a person. and what a cute dog!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger SweetPeaknits said...

Wow, your camel yarn looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you decide to knit up.

Hope you dont mind me sticking around to watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home