Knitting away...

A place for me to write about what ever I want!

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Happy Halloween!!!

I had a nice relaxing weekend. I didn't do much except study. And knit! I didn't finish anything but am THIS much closer to having 3 finished objects. I'm on the last legs of the Bird's Nest shawl, the Ailbihn, and the Madaline bag that I'm knitting for my SO's niece. That is a quick and easy gift project. I'll post pics when I'm done... Probably sometime this week!

I did take a walk today and tried to take pictures of trees changing color. I wasn't so successful. I've been told that it's been a warm summer and fall; hence the lack of glorious red and gold trees. There are some on campus but I didn't get that far.


This one is actually in my apartment complex. I'm going out to school tomorrow so I'll try to get some pictures of this tree that almost looks as if it's on fire.

Here is another curious lifeform that I don't get to see much of in San Diego.

Huge catapillars! These things are everywhere! There are tons of stomped on catapillars all over the sidewalks. I wonder what kind of insects they'll grow up to be.

And last but not least, I have in progress knitting pictures.

The Ailbilhn lives! It's really a pretty scarf but it's taking me forever. I plan on finishing this one off tonight while Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy are on.








This one is the Madeleine bag before felting. This is my first attempt at felting and I've heard that felting is hit or miss in terms of size. Fortunately, these are for little girls and they won't care too much about size. Color is much more important to them. Anything pink or purple goes! You can find the pattern here

Have fun giving out treats to the little ones tomorrow. We'll see how many kids make it over to this neck of the woods.

4 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Liz said...

knitting to Desperate Houswives and Grey's Anatamy...My idea of a perfect night. I do it every week :)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

i love it this time of year when the leaves turn color. =) oh and your bag looks really nice =)

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I was born in San Diego, grew up in Missouri and now live in New York. But I would take California weather any day! You live in a beautiful state.

As for felting, I think it is addicting. I love making bags and felting them. Good luck on felting your bag. You can never go wrong felting pink and purple. They look beautiful together.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Those cattepillars going to grow up to be butterflies...maybe monarchs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home