Knitting away...

A place for me to write about what ever I want!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Hump day...

Hmmm...

Nothing new really. I got back from Las Vegas on Sunday night. If was a fun trip except for the very end of it. Let's just say I had a few too many adult beverages and made myself violently sick. I vow never to do that again.

My friends got a room at the Luxor hotel and 5 of us piled into it. There was plenty of room since there was 2 queen beds and we brought an airbed. Nice totel. It's the one that beams a ray of light into the sky at night and looks like a black pyramid. I wonder if the light can be seen in space. There must have been some basketball competition or convention because there were a lot of really tall people walking around. We did the usual walking around the strip (not much because of the 100+ heat), ate at the Bellagio buffet, and saw a show at Forty Deuce in Mandalay Bay. BTW, Mandalay Bay is another beautiful hotel. I didn't gamble much. I figured that since I'll be living off of student loans soon, it wouldn't be wise to lose the money that I have right now.

The rest of this week, I've been trying to study and not get to distracted by TV and knitting. There are roadblocks: this class is starting to get tedious, I like working on the Bird's Nest shawl and Grumperina's Tivoli T-shirt is calling to me (get the pattern here), and the Golden Girls seem to be on Lifetime 6 hours a day. I finished one assignment. Only 3 more to go before I can request my final exam to be sent out to my proctor. I've decided to have the test sent out to my program advisor in MI so that I'll have more time to study. I've decided that I hate online classes. Hate them with a passion. It's hard to concentrate and know what is important. I have no focus and seem to be distracted by ANYTHING!

I cast on for the Tivoli t-shirt. So far so good. I'm knitting it with size 5 denise needles and Knit Picks Shine in Apricot. I don't like the color as much as when I bought it but it will work. If I like the pattern, I'll probably knit another one in a different color. Maybe a lilac or red yarn. Knit Picks has both these colors in Shine. Or I may use Microspun again.

As for the Bird's Nest, I think I'm progressing nicely. It still looks like a rolled up wad of newspaper but from what I'm reading, lace looks like that until you block it. My Charlotte didn't look like a wet dish rag after I got done with it but it still looked much better after blocking.

The internet is also a constant distraction. I've decided that the next shawl that I want to knit is the Flower Basket Shawl. The pattern was in the Fall 2004 Interweave but I can't find that issue anywhere. The pattern is a Fibertrends pattern and I'll try to find it the next time I go to Common Threads Here's a looksee at the shawl.







I haven't decided what color to make it yet. I do like that neutral tan color used in the sample, but I saw some Misti Alpaca in red or light green that I think would be perfect for this pattern. I was so tempted to buy some yarn and start this project but I decided that I need to finish the Bird's Nest first.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Renee said...

I have an extra copy of the Interweave Knits. I'm having a drawing for it on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home