Knitting away...

A place for me to write about what ever I want!

Sunday, May 22, 2005

School's done

For the semester that is. I had finals last week and in this day of instant feedback, got my grades. In both religion classes that I took, I got A's. I'm glad but I don't even need these classes to enter MSU. I enrolled in them to get into Regis University. After I found out about MSU, I almost didn't want to go to class anymore but I already paid and it was too late to withdraw. The A's are just icing on the cake.

As for knitting, I'm still working on the same WIP's. I'm at the decreasing portion of the Lacy Kerchief Scarf so I'm about halfway done. I'm really enjoying this pattern and I like the Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. I've never bought or worked with it before but it's nice. It's not as elastic as wool but it's much more wearable in San Diego.

I have a sweater that I made from Manos De Uruaguay that I'm thinking of recycling into a Clapotis. I don't wear the sweater mainly because of the bad job I did in seaming it. And I still have an extra skein of yarn. Maybe I'll start the Clappy with the extra skein and if I enjoy the pattern I'll continue with unravelling the sweater.

I had a few friends over for knitting last night. We had a great afternoon that stretched into the evening. My friends were stitching together an afghan that a grandmother had crocheted but never sewed into an afghan. I didn't help because that's what I hate the most about knitting/crocheting... putting the pieces together. I'm perfectly happy doing the knitting but hate seaming. That and putting fringe on. My mom wants me to fringe the Charlotte's web I made her but I actually like it without the fringe. I put the crochet edging on it and think that fringe would be a little much.

I'm going to miss the sunny weather so much when I go away to school. My boyfriend and I walked around Sea Port Village today and had icecream at Ben & Jerry's. We sat by the water and just enjoyed each other's company. Then we drove over to Old Town and took a tour of the Whaley House. Supposedly it's haunted but we didn't see any ghosts today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home