Knitting away...

A place for me to write about what ever I want!

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Charlotte's Web is Finished

I'm so happy that this is finally done. I made this shawl in one color, I believe it's the Strawberry Lemonade. I bought the yarn from Inspirations Yarn. (www.inspirationsyarn.com) about 6 months ago and finally made somthing with it. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and my mom loves it too. It drapes really well. Check out the second picture. The only think is I think I made it too small by miscalculating gauge. I think I got gauge with a size 4 needle but it came out about 20 inches narrower!!! So that's a huge lesson for me. Pay attention to gauge. It's a good thing it's a shawl and fit doesn't matter so much. Here are a few pictures of the shawl. I didn't put the fringe on yet but I kind of like it without fringe.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've started a baby Einstein jacket from the Knit Stitch book. It looks to be a pretty simple pattern. You basically knit a scarf then pick up stitches to cread the sleeves and back. It will probably be a really quick knit.

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Kate said...

It's a gorgeous shade, and it drapes beautifully!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home